Sunday 4 November 2012

Audience Research.

I decided to question people who were either 16, 17 or 18. I decided to do this because i thought that they were people from my generation and they were the sort of people that will be watching my music video.

Questions:

1. How old are you?
2. What genre of music do you listen to?
3. When you hear the word "indie" what do you think of?
4. Do you watch a lot of music video's?
5. What would you expect to see in a music video?

Answers:

1. I'm 17.
2. I listen to mainly R&B and hip hop.
3. I always think of males, and guitars. I also think of the songs being very acoustic and simple.
4. I watch quite a lot of music video's because i am always interested in how the artist wanted to get the song and lyrics across and if there is a story behind what they have done.
5. A narrative story that entices the audience and also shows what they mean by the lyrics.

Answers:

1. I'm 18.
2. I listen to quite a lot of indie-rock.
3. I think of the artist being very soulful and individual. I think of an artist that isn't trying to be like someone, but has their own sense of style.
4. I watch a few, but not that many. I'm not really interested in the music video's but more the actual song itself.
5. I guess i would expect to see the artist performing and possibly doing something different to all the other music video's that are out there. There are so many music video's that sometimes they get boring. I want to be excited.

Answers:

1. I'm 17.
2. I listen to a lot of soul and jazz music.
3. I don't really understand what counts as Indie, and what doesn't. I always thought that it meant that the artist had made it from the bottom by themselves, and that they hadn't needed any help to be where they are today. When i think of indie artists, i think of bands or an individual on small stages infront of not that many people, and doing anything they can to work their way up.
4. I do watch a lot of music video's because i like to look at the artist and see if they feel comfortable infront of the camera and if they can adjust and get their message across visually.
5. I think you should see the artist showing off what their song is about and going back to the basics. I don't think that you need a lot of visual effects and a lot of money to make a great music video. It should all be about getting across what the lyrics mean to the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment