Monday 29 October 2012

Audience Research.

I asked some people what they thought "indie" music was as a genre, and here are the responses that i got back:

Ross (19 years old)

"I listen to a lot of indie music. I'm really into a band at the moment called "Two Door Cinema Club." I really like their style of music. I would say that to me, to call something 'indie' is has to have a certain style. I don't think its all about how the band look, but more how they sound. To me, indie artists care more about the music that they are creating then the look they are giving off, or what they are wearing. They don't need fast beats and lots of instruments, all they need is good meaningful lyrics and good vocals."

Katie (19 years old)

"I don't listen to much indie music, and i wouldn't be able to tell you many indie artists. I think that indie artists are mainly acoustic though, and they seem to be small bands that i haven't heard about. My boyfriend listens to indie artists and normally i haven't ever heard of them before."

Andrew (15 years old)

"I think that indie music is artists and bands that have worked hard to get record deals and to produce their music. I think that it means that they have come from not much and have worked really hard by performing small gigs and stuff to get noticed. Although i am not a large indie fan, i do like some artists and bands."

Janis (51 years old)

"I don't think people from my generation really understand what Indie music really is. I wouldn't know what makes something indie, and what makes it different. However, i think that you can sort of guess by the abbreviation of what Indie means, which is independent. So i am guessing that maybe they have been independent in creating and publishing their music."

No comments:

Post a Comment